"Mom, if I eat candy I'll have big muscles, right?" Ian asks from under his umbrella, barely audible to me as we trudge through the rain. I'm sure I didn't hear that right and ask again. Yep, candy = muscles. Don't we wish.
"Well, Ian, actually you get muscles when you eat protein."
"What is protein?"
"Protein is a, um (I'm searching...), a nutriet that's in certain foods, in meat. Chicken has protein."
"I love protein!" he says. "Mom, can I have some protein chicken tonight?"
Papa made some homemade chicken nuggets on Sunday before leaving on his business trip this week and Ian loves them (and yes, my husband does have a brother, but unfortunately he's also married. Sorry girls.)
There are wet leaves all over the sidewalk as we head through Brando's park (see the first post). Logically, Ian says, "Mom, if the leaves ate protein they'd have big muscles, too, right?"
"I guess they would, Ian, sure," I say, splashing as I walk. The hand I'm using to hold Ian's with is soaked from the elbow down.
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"Does macaroni and cheese have protein?"
Don't we wish. Splash, splash, splash...
Healthy food pyramid is applicable to all age group regardless of the kind of lifestyle they practice. It is beneficial in having a healthy body system. But in today's rat race environment, most tend to ignore it. Taking food supplement is another good option to suffice our body's needs.
ReplyDelete