I honestly had to ask myself if Ian had LSD on his Special K this morning. Special LSD?
There was a puddle in our path on the way to school and here was how Ian explained "puddles" to me:
"So, Mom, the snow melts and makes a puddle, then the puddle turns into a cupcake. A snow puddle cupcake! Ha ha ha!!"
I decide to play along. "Oh, I see. Is it chocolate, vanilla or strawberry?"
"Vanilla. Ha ha ha!"
"Would you eat the whole thing?"
He does the "no's" in rapid fire. "Nononono, No Mom. I would eat all the icing and then I would take little bites of the cake part."
He has a flash, a new idea. "Then the WHOLE PARK would turn into a giant cupcake and I would eat the icing, aaaallllllll (he's circling his hand flat out in front of him like the rotors of a helicopter) the icing and then you could have the cake part."
"Oh, thanks. But I think I would have a belly ache."
"Yeah, that would be cooool!! Like that movie, Mom, like the belly ache movie."
We told him that "Airplane" was just a silly movie about people having belly aches on the airplane. Remember, everybody gets sick (including both the pilots) after eating the fish? He was scared it was something more serious. No, we said, it's no problem if the pilots get sick. (Ha ha ha)
When we get to school he jumps up and down, reminding me that he wants to push the buzzer that opens the door (we're in the city, you know, can't just let anybody in). I lift him up to the 6-feet-off-the-ground buzzer and he presses it. A voice comes on the intercom: "Who's there?"
Ian throws his head back, smiles broadly and yells: "It's PACO!"
Whatever he had, I'm having it tomorrow.
Me, too!
ReplyDelete