This seems to be very much on Ian's mind. Already. For example:
"Playing" tennis yesterday and observing what was happening on the next court:
"Mom, those mans switched sides," he says, pointing to them.
"Yes, they did. That's how you play. After a few games, you switch sides. Do you want to switch sides with me?" I ask.
"No, mom. That's for big boys. When I'm big, I'll switch sides."
Today on the way to school, we talked about what was going to happen in Winter. Turns out, a lot of things. At least 4 birthdays in our immediate family (if I'm counting correctly) and 3 big holidays - Christmas, New Years and Los Reyes (the Kings). Ian is bowled over by the list of upcoming opportunities for merrymaking and, especially, present getting. One thing is missing, however. He wants to know if his birthday is in Winter. I explained that his birthday is in Autumn, which is just about to end. He's not happy about this.
We also talked about the Winter Olympics in Vancouver that will start soon.
"Mom, is the Lympics for boys that are bigger than 4 years old?" he asks.
"Yes, usually it is. But one day you'll be bigger and you can do it."
"OK, then, I'll do the Lympics when I'm big," he says.
You heard it here, folks. Look for him when he's all grown up. 2022? 2026? Maybe I'll even be grown up by then.
Here is my own nomination as manager (well only if Ian will run marathons).2024, perhaps in Madrid !!!
ReplyDeletekisses